Rockville Community Nursery School (RCNS) is a cooperative, parent-owned preschool in which parents, teachers, and children participate together in an exciting and nurturing first-school experience. Parents can sign up to either volunteer in their child’s classroom or take on an administrative role for the school. We also offer enrolled families the chance to buy out (i.e., pay an additional fee) of their volunteering responsibilities.
Art, music, dance, and play fill our classrooms and outdoor spaces with the happy sounds of children learning. Rockville Community Nursery School’s expert teachers provide tempting and developmentally appropriate opportunities through which each child grows at his or her own pace to a new maturity and sense of self-worth and self-direction.
At our wonderful preschool, parents and professional teachers cooperate to help our children develop an interest and joy in learning about themselves, others, and the world around them during these wonderful, formative early education years. By sharing our own time and talents, both in the classroom and in the administrative workings of the school, we parents show our children directly that we believe in the importance of their education. The exciting, varied school experience at Rockville Community Nursery School is fun and enriching for children and parents together.
- Parent–child class: Fridays, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
- 2-year-old classes: M/W/F or T/Th
- 9:30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Sept.–Dec.
- 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Jan.–June
- 3-year-old classes: M/W/F, T/Th, or M–F, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 3- and 4-year-old classes: M–Th, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 4-year-olds: M–F, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Aftercare/extended program: 12:30–2 p.m. for 3–4-year-olds
Please review RCNS’s COVID procedures handbook.
- Aftercare/extended program comprises different activities (e.g., sports, science, literacy, arts, and math/engineering).
- 2020–2021: No
- 2021–2022: Yes
Minimum enrollment age:
- Parent–child program: offered to children turning 2 years old by Jan. 31
- All other programs: child must be age of class by Sept. 1
Due date for enrollment applications:
- Rolling admissions, with waitlist option
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2021
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.