Silver Spring Day School (SSDS) is a parent-participatory preschool designed for 2-year-old to pre-K students. For 50 years, SSDS has remained steadfast in its belief that children learn best when they are actively engaged in their learning. Our program is designed to nurture and encourage children in all aspects of their development. Our play-based philosophy allows for just the right balance of challenge and fun.
Silver Spring Day School allows each child the opportunity to explore the world around them, build meaningful friendships, and make discoveries about themselves. This fosters a strong sense of independence and social awareness. Our goal is to guide and engage children into becoming well-balanced, productive, life-long learners.
Silver Spring Day School bases its developmentally appropriate program on Jean Piaget’s theories of child development. We believe that young children are active learners. They need to manipulate and explore the world and then share their discoveries with friends and caring adults. At SSDS, we provide numerous opportunities for these kinds of real-life experiences, offering challenge and fun in an atmosphere that allows children to learn at their own pace. We strive every day to have our children realize their individual potential and feel successful.
- 2-year-olds: T/Th, M/W/F, or M–F, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 3-year-olds: M/W/F, T/W/Th/F, or M–F, 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 4-year-olds (pre-K): M–F, 9:15 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Before care (Early Birds): 8–9:30 a.m. (not operating in Fall 2021)
- Afternoon enrichment (Little University): 1:30–3:30 p.m. (limited spots while operating under COVID guidelines)
- Late pickup (Stay & Play): 3:30–5:30 p.m. (not operating in Fall 2021)
Here at Silver Spring Day School, we are committed to keeping our families as safe as possible. If current COVID-19 guidelines are in place for the fall of 2021, we will take necessary precautions as well as implement specific policies that will aid in a safe re-opening for our school.
- Specialty classes in music, social emotional development, Spanish, art, and drama
- 2020–2021: No
- 2021–2022: Please inquire
Minimum enrollment age:
- Must be at least 2 years old by Jan. 15, 2022
Due date for enrollment applications:
- Beginning of February, with waitlist option
Last updated: May 1, 2021
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.