At Wheaton Studio of Dance, we pride ourselves in good dance technique and solid dance routines presented on a professional level with excellent class conduct and individual attention focused on the strengths and weaknesses of each student.
Our dance studio offers dance classes for ages 2 years and up. Classes offered include Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Contemporary, Pointe, Acro, and Zumba. We offer recreational dance classes, as well as competitive classes. Wheaton Studio of Dance also offers summer day dance camps, dance intensives, and an overnight dance camp.
During our 61 years of service to the community, we have motivated and nourished dancers in a caring and warm environment. Many of the area’s best dancers have been trained at our facility. Our facility caters to all types of dancers, from elite professionals to casual dancers who just want to learn some techniques, make new friends, and have some fun.
- Fall session, running September through June, mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- 6-week summer session, beginning late June or early July
- Week-long summer day dance camps
- Week-long overnight dance camp
- Everyone must always wear a mask or face covering, including while participating in classes.
- We have provided 15-minute gaps in between classes so that we can clean and disinfect all surfaces in between classes. This includes ballet barres, dance mats, door handles, etc.
- We will be practicing social distancing with all our dancers and staff. There are marked spots on the floor to keep dancers spaced out while inside the classroom and in the lobby.
- Temperature checks are being taken for all staff members before teaching.
- Those taking Acro. or PBT may bring their own yoga mats to use in these classes. They will need to be sanitized before and after class by each dancer at home.
- Parents must drop off and pick up their dancers at the doors to the studio. We have only a limited amount of people inside the building at a time, so to ensure safety for our dancers, parents will not be able to wait inside the studio lobby during classes.
- We will be providing hand sanitizer to students upon arrival and before departure.
- Only one dance bag per dancer permitted inside the studio. Each student can bring their shoes and a bottle of water, but no extra belongings. There will be designated areas for each dancer to place their bag.
- Class sizes are limited to 8–11 students and one adult.
- If for any reason a student says they are not feeling well, they will be sent home immediately.
Minimum enrollment age:
- Must be at least 3 years old
Last updated: Dec. 3, 2020
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
18200 Georgia Ave., Olney, MD 20832
www.shannonrushdance.com | 301-774-3535
9805 Main St., #209, Damascus, MD, 20872
www.shannonrushdance.com | 301-253-3311